Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bikram: Day 5

It is not getting any easier, but I REALLY like it.

Have I learned anything new? I don't think so.. I mean, I'm learning more about the postures, obviously, but in terms of revelation or self-discovery or whatever.. nah. I'm not at the point yet where I can push myself without getting a violent head rush, so I continue to do what my body (and occasionally screaming brain) tells me is possible, rest as needed, and drink. The very nice people I've taken class with assure me that it is normal to feel like you are dying, and one of my teachers told me that she actually threw up on her mat the 3rd time she took class. I mean... at least I haven't done that.

I also haven't managed to do anything other than Bikram since Wednesday for fear that I will not manage to stick to my drink-all-the water-in-Canada-and-eat-healthy-but-stop-eating-3-hours-prior-to-class schedule. The idea of being ill-prepared for class hydration-wise leaves me panic stricken. And yet, there are people who take class at 7:30 am, and you KNOW they aren't up 4 hours before so that they can guzzle water and make scrambled eggs with spinach. So maybe it's something my body will allow/adjust to as this progresses? Maybe?

Today I am taking a morning class for the first time (not 7:30, but before noon). This scares me, but I want to get some stuff done during the day and then- wait for it- actually eat dinner with my boyfriend for the first time this week. And maybe see a movie.

As such, I began planning last night so that I could eat reasonably quickly (I allowed that I would stop eating 2.5 hours before, not 3.. hope I don't die)- I bought a banana at the market and hard-boiled some eggs. Or rather, in extremely typical me behavior, I forgot that I was making hard-boiled eggs and only remembered when the water had all but boiled out of the pot and the eggs were way the hell overdone. Like maybe 40 minutes later. Great. So I ran cold water on them and then threw them in the freezer for a bit to try to salvage them.

And then I forgot they were in the freezer. Did you know eggs could freeze? I didn't. They can. So.. I guess that's a new thing I've learned from doing bikram. Hard-boiled eggs can fucking freeze.

Project Bikram, you are a constant adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment